What is SOUNDBITES?
Soundbites is an ongoing, moderated conversation about creative life and work.
Each week I’ll pose a question to a person who is living life on the creative edge. I’ll post their answer each Monday. Their thoughts will spur the next question, which I will then send to the next person. I’ll post their answer on the following Monday. And on. And on.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like hard work. -Thomas Edison
I’ve seen a whole lot of this type of quote recently. Have you? Paired with a photo of columns and arches. Or a sunset. Or a cat. Or all three.
All this technology. The ability to connect with anyone in the world, at any time, and what have we come up with? The electronic equivalent of a stroll through a greeting card shop.
I started SOUNDBITES, because I want to be inspired by creative people who are alive and working today. Right now. In this century. As for the kittens, let’s just leave them out of it.
I want to hear from people who are clearing a path through this jungle of modern life to find the space to be their creative selves. I want to hear their thoughts, their challenges, their wide open spaces, their magic and their demons. I want to know who they are and what they worked on today. I want to see the view from their studio window, and hear what it is that pulls them there to start work each day.
Sure, Thomas Edison was inspiring. So was Henry David Thoreau. And Helen Keller. But there are people all across the world, right now, doing amazing, inspiring, creative work. Aren’t you curious about what they have to say about living creatively in this mad, modern age? I know I am.
SOUNDBITES kicks off next Monday, September 24th with a visit from artist, writer, techie and gardener…who? Just wait and see!
Want to take part?
- Follow along! Read each week.
- Subscribe to this blog to receive an email when it is updated. You can do this by clicking on the “Follow” button in the bottom right corner and filling in your email address.
- Join the conversation! Add your comments. Comment on other comments. Comment on your own comments. Just say something.
- Share with your networks. Tweet. Facebook. Blogroll. Whatever it is you do.
- Know a creative who’d be just right? Email email@example.com with your suggestion.